25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pretty much broke even...

Played a lot Friday night. Pretty much all at $5/10 NL. Terrible result: up $200. Ran another $1.8k below EV, which brings the monthly EV runbad up to $10k below EV.

Bah, nothing I can do, but I need to remember to keep my sessions to 2 hours because it's sooooo much easier to get frustrated when I'm running like this.

I was actually up $3k about halfway through the day but I had two HUGE fish on my tables and they were super deep stacked. So I decided to sit and keep playing and not take my breaks. BIG mistake. They donated their chips to the other regs after they won a few decently sized pots vs me getting pretty damn lucky (3-outer on river).

My graph plummeted from +$3k to even for the last half of my hands. I don't think I was playing badly, just not my A+ game. I finished off the day by getting coolered AK vs AA AIPF in a squeeze situation.

Also ran KK into AA AIPF again today and I'm nearly positive this is like the 5th or 6th time this has happened to me over the past 3 days or so. And I haven't ran AA into KK AIPF once.

The whole fact of the fresh start with the "new year" seems to be making me put false pressure on myself to have great results. My results don't really matter if I'm playing well.

I'm having a difficult time with the mental game. I probably need to re-read the "Poker Mindset". I also have that Tommy Angelo book, "The Elements of Poker." I've heard it's supposed to be a decent book so maybe I'll read that sometime soon as well.

5 comments:

  1. ur blog is like 90% about results, which is a problem. I mean, if you need a forum to vent or something that's fine, but focusing this much on your results is not gonna help you w/ anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100% Tim, all duckslayer does is whine about running KK in AA and other standard situations. Maybe poker just isn't your bag duckslayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please tell me the name of a poker player that wouldn't whine after running KK into AA 5 or 6 times in a row please.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is DUCKBLOG right? if he wants to post results and "whine" as you say he is fully entitled to. i enjoy everything he posts including the beats because then it makes him human, and i can relate to his grievances!

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments guys. Definitely have been focused too much on results lately. It's bound to happen every once in a while.

    I think I became a bit more focused on results because I'm playing a bit higher than normal, spending most of the month playing a lot of $5/10 NL.

    Although the amount of $ at stake shouldn't affect me at all, I think on a subconscious level it does make me more upset when I get coolered/ sucked out on. The larger stakes doesn't affect my play at all, however, which is good.

    In the future, I'll minimize bad beats/ coolers/ "whine" to try and be more positive as I don't think it helps to dwell on stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete