25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Decided to start coaching

In my lesson today with Nutedawg, he suggested that it's very possible I could be playing TOO many hands! He hypothesized that I'm not playing my "A" game often enough and that it's possible I might not be gaining much of an advantage by putting in ultra long hours playing if I am running on autopilot. He suggested I find other poker related ways to spend my time, such as watching more videos, posting on the forums and coaching. I think I'm going to do all of the three things he mentioned.

In fact, I got a coaching request from a $0.25/$0.50 NL player on Cardrunners who is transitioning into $0.5/$1 NL. He contacted me about a week ago and we had our first lesson today. I though it went pretty well and I hope he got something out of it. I am really excited after seeing his game because I think he has some real potential to be an outstanding player. He's really solid for a $50NL player. I still have a lot of things I can teach him, however, as he moves up in stakes.

I think coaching will be a way to get the need fulfillment of "accomplishment" as a poker player. Making money is an accomplishment, but it really doesn't help anyone but myself. A doctor gets a feeling of accomplisment when he helps repair an injured athlete's ankle to get him back on the playing field. Coaching poker can be my way of helping people enrich their lives and have fun while making money at one of the best hobbies in the world. Seeing my teaching help out my students will be very fulfilling for me.

I played a short session late tonight and played 800 hands finishing up $700. I only played 4 tables and that is going to continue from now on. I'm not going to deviate from this no matter how many donks are on the other tables (lol this is like the 50th time I've said this but I really mean it now).


Here's a few hands from my session:

This one was sick, I got it in with Queen high and had the best hand on the flop (57% to win) and lost.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3106907


This hand was weird, as the guy 3-bets a lot but his PFR stat and VPIP stats indicate that he's really nitty. I think I should call flop once and fold to a large turn bet... jamming isn't great but it looks like I have a draw and he probably would call with 99 and TT. He was 14/12 AF 2.3 over 1.5k hands, and a 3-bet stat of 9% from the BB. Overall 3-bet stat of 8.1%. I am pretty sure that his pre-flop nittyness should override any 3-bet stats here and I should play this more cautiously.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3106912


Those were the only big losers I had really, here's a winning hand:

This guy's stack off here is pretty retarded IMO. I guess I'm calling maybe with AxKc but I don't know wtf else he's getting value from that he beats. I have a flopped set, higher two pair (A9 or A5) or a flush here a lot of the time when I bet the turn. His pre-flop call is also terrible against me since he's OOP.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3106915


So yea, all the information about my coaching service is listed on the right side of my blog. If you are interested don't be shy, go ahead and contact me and we can work something out.

GL at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment