25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crazy session

I just had a wacko session on Stars playing $2/4 NL 6 Max... I played a lot of hands (5k) and finished up $600... at a few points I was down $2k. I ran about $800 below expectations in all ins again, I don't even know why I expect to someday run average in all ins lol.... but if I had run average today I would have been up $1.4k. But I really need to re-read the poker mindset so I stop worrying about luck, getting bad beat, coolered, etc.

I messed up a few hands pretty hardcore in the session but started out with these three hands, which didn't help matters:

Not much to talk about with these first three hands, but you can see what I had to deal with to start off my session:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078040

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078043

This hand was especially disgusting, since I just owned the villain so much.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078048


Now for some hands with educational value:

I think I messed this hand up royally... the villain had not 4-bet yet according to his stats, which make it pretty unlikely that he's just gonna randomly throw in a cold, 4-bet bluff... However I did see him 4-bet jam AJ pre-flop later on in the sesson, but I think at the time I should fold my hand in this particular spot without any history. It sucks, but a lot of people would fold JJ on down and maybe even consider mucking AK or AQ pre-flop instead of 4-betting... so I'd say an unknown's range is pretty tight here... but if Sweetkr or some other reg 4-bet this I'd gleefully stick it in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078059


This hand was just plain sickening... I raised him on the flop because I didn't think he had a King since he bet so small... and I could easily have KQ or KJ here a lot of the time and raising it up here. I didn't think the Ace helped him after he just called my flop raise because it's likely he'd just stick in AK on the flop. So after he called my flop raise I knew pretty much precisely what he had... I put him on QQ or JJ or possibly a flopped boat. Obviously the flopped boat is unlikely, my hand can't win at showdown if I think he has a QQ or JJ type hand, and there are now two overcards to his likely holdings... SO I turn my hand into a bluff and stick it in and he makes the call. I don't know if my play here is terrible or not, but if I had to do it over again I would check the turn to make it look like I'm pot controlling with a K then shove the river if he checked to me. I think that would have got him to fold JJ (one disadvantage of this is if the clubs missed he might put me on a missed flush draw, so maybe shoving the turn is best after all).

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078071


Now a few winning hands (like all of these are vs. a single villain... he was running 26/20 AF 2.4 over 2.3k hands)... Now note normally I wouldn't try half of this stuff below but this guy was playing too many tables at once and I was able to exploit him... he also was mindlessly double barreling almost any turn card. In most of these hands, when I make the bluff-raise on the turn I will normally have exactly what I should have, like QJ for the straight in one hand below or the turned flush, etc. That's why it was so dangerous for him to try and figure out when I had it and when I didn't. I totally annihilated this guy...

I played this perfectly, I'd been giving this regular major hell all night, raising his c-bets, bluffraising him on turn with air, 3-betting him a lot, and all sorts of shit.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078084


Here is a hand that I played against the same villain that sets up the hand after this one... I just called PF with AK to mix it up, normally it's a 3-bet obviously.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078139


This is against the same guy about an hour later, lol. I guess he couldn't take it anymore and thought I was full of shit. I love the way I played this one as well. Notice how I took like the exact same line, aside from being in position one time and OOP the other, as in the hand above (in the hand above he never saw my cards so I could have been bluffing in his mind).

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078085


I was owning this guy, lol... I saw him 4-bet and fold quite a bit from MP and the CO so I gave this a shot...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078098


More ownage vs same villain:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078103


LOL

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078110


Bad time to make a stand buddy!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078119


Pushover

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078128


Another one

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078131


Ok, I need to stop somewhere, I could post ownage hands vs this guy all night! I don't know if he calls any more on the river after he raises me... I doubt it, plus the board is paired to so I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to re-raise here in case he has some random set that he checked back on the turn (very unlikely though).

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3078132


Believe it or not, that reg who I owned above actually finished up for the session!!! I have him at 2.2k hands and he won $200 and finished with stats of 26/20 AF 2.44 and a 3-bet of 8.4%. He must be a pretty good player anyways if he was able to overcome all those losses he had against me. He also had a really high W$WSF stat, it was 46%.


Anyways, I had a few more times where I got stacked AK vs AA AIPF, QQ vs AA a few more times AIPF (I can't really fold in those spots, like I pulled a huge squeeze with QQ when I was playing like lag, like 24/20... and ran into AA). Lost a few flips, one with AQ vs JJ and the rest is history.


Oh yea, almost forgot... the session's graph! Rollercoaster! Top line is all in EV bottom line is actual winnings/losses.


Here are my stats for August up to today (I wish I ran at expectation in all ins! I'd have a decent winrate then lol). The stats could be a lot better and getting killed at $5/10 NL for one session definitely doesn't help matters...




I need to work hard on minimizing my biggest leak to improve my winrate. My biggest leak is something I call Multi-table tilt... whenever I'm stuck or just not getting any hands or frustrated for any reason really I'll fire up way too many tables than I should (normally 8 at once). Doing this is never a good idea because it takes away from my decision making processes and reduces my winrate significantly. I would be willing to guess that my hourly rate is actually better with 4 tables at once than with 8... but for some reason I just can't knock this habit off, I keep on firing up 8 tables on Friday nights when there are 60 VPIPs all over the place but I should just keep it to four to maximize my earnings.


Last one, monthly graph up to today:



This was probably my longest blog post ever. If you made it to the end, hopefully you enjoyed it. I'm going to get some sleep now because I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment