25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Bad start to August

I have been putting off an update for the past couple of days because I haven't really wanted to discuss the disasters that have happened so far this month.

Anyways, first off yesterday I played some 5/10 NL 6 Max which resulted in me losing about $3.7k after 1,000 hands... I played OK but just never won any big pots with my monsters. I lost KK vs AA all in pre-flop in the SB vs the BB.... it went button mini-raise, I 3-bet to like $90, BB 4-bets to $300, I jam he snapcalls and I lose. I also lost a pot with TPTK AK on KXXJX board vs an UTG 3 barrel... he happened to have a set.

So I figured I would just play 200NL today on FTP to get back in the swing of things and win a bit to make up for my losses the other day. Well play I did, win I did not. I lost about $2.1k over 2,600 hands. Why did I lose? I didn't know for sure so I had one of my poker friends, John, review my session with me using Holdem Manager. John is a very solid player and plays up to $5/10 NL 6 Max on FTP and Stars.

We looked through all the hands, realized that I ran KK into AA all in pre-flop four times and lost every one. Also lost AA vs 99 essentially all in pre-flop. After looking through about 20 hands or so with John, he decided I played most of them fine and he would have played only 2 or 3 hands differently. There was one spot I got too over aggressive with two pair in an unraised pot that I think was a mistake. Also, I have a few spewy 3-bet pot situations. As far as winning pots... well I had very few hands where I actually stacked anyone, which compounded with getting stacked so often resulted in the 10 buyin loss.

It didn't help that I ran well below expectation in all ins as well (lost with a set on the flop for a few buyins). I should have only lost about $1.3k had I ran average in all ins.

I'm pretty disappointed now, as I wanted to move up to $2/4 NL 6 max sometime soon... but with the way I'm running and not winning I have no choice but to keep on playing $1/2 NL until I recover from my terrible start to the month.

I've had my worst start to a month that I can ever remember and I'm looking to dig myself out of a $6.4k deficit...

No comments:

Post a Comment