25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Solid Session

I just played for about 3.5 hrs on FTP at 200NL 6 Max and finished up $700. I played pretty well throughout the session and played only 3-4 tables the whole time.

I think I might be out of my slump now. I spent all day yesterday working on my game without playing a single hand of poker. I think what helped the most was reviewing a bunch of hands, specifically pre-flop situations, with my poker friends.

My friend Adam was able to give me really solid advice and really helped set my head on straight about my pre-flop decisions. After going over those hands, it was obvious to both of us that I was just getting too monkeyish and crazy pre-flop... Mainly, this was just getting too aggressive with hands like AK, AQ, and JJ pre-flop against opponents I should not have been getting this aggro with. Also, I picked some terrible spots to 5-bet jam AK over very strong 4-bets... often times running into pocket Aces. Basically, I just needed to pay attention to the player more and be a bit more cautious.

I definitely followed this advice in the session I just got done playing and it worked great. I had no major pre-flop errors and just squeezed with air in one or two spots where I shouldn't have (that didn't work out... they 4-bet me and I folded).

Overall I ran pretty good numbers for the session. I was able to play more hands and raise more since I had less tables to focus on and I ran 23/18 AF of 4.8 over 1.3k hands. I had a good steal percentage (36%) and also a great won $ when saw flop stat (44%).


This is already getting kind of long so I'll just include one losing hand and one winning hand.

My only losing hand was really my only big mistake of the session. Although against this villain the river call may have been OK. He was pretty wild and running 67/28 AF of 1.2 over 60 hands. Earlier, he had donked out with J9 on a 9TX board then check/called turn when an 8 fell and shoved a brick duce river.... I felted him with QJ for the nut straight... So he was capable of firing large on the river, with a pretty light hand. However, I think I should have folded because he could easily have hit the flush... he insta called my over pot sized turn bet. I'm not sure if I made the right play on the river, anyone who wants to comment on this hand is welcome to.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2933663


The winning hand I will post is against a solid regular. I check-raised large to make it look like I was on a draw, then I guess he was committed on the turn. Maybe a cooler for him, but I don't know if he really should be stacking off here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2933667


Well that's it for now, but I'm really excited for tomorrow because we have our poker group "Destined2pwn" session Wednesday nights. It is going to be a lot of fun, mainly because we picked up two new group members. It will be cool to see how they fit in and contribute. I think both of them are solid players and will have a lot to bring to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment