25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bad session

I just had a long session on Stars today and played nearly 5k hands... I got into a lot of unfortunate spots and was unable to fold some good but not great hands to large bets or raises... I ended up down 1.2k. I'm not thrilled with my play, however, people seemed to be hitting stuff on me left and right.


A few short examples:

When I had KK I 3-bet squeezed huge from the blinds, flopped an overpair on an 87X flushdraw board and c-bet and got raised... I felted it and sure enough the button (who just flatted the initial raise pre-flop) had a set of 7's... this was for 200bbs.

My open raise gets squeezed by a habitual 3-bettor... I have AQo and 4-bet and he jams I call... but he has AK and I lose.

I 3-bet bluff squeeze Kd5d and flop a K hi flushdraw and a gutterball on a A34 two diamond board... I c-bet and get it in and lose a flip against AK.

Top set TTT on a TXX all heart board in a 3-bet pot... obviously someone c/c my two barrel shove with the flopped nut flush.

Etc, etc, etc.


I also ran a little bit below expectation in all ins. I ran about $400 below expectation.


I was playing too many tables (about 8) because of all the fish that were online tonight. From now on, I'm only going to play no more than four 6 Max tables at once and no more than six full ring tables at once. I really need to focus on the particular situations more because I'm making mistakes that are costing me pots. The money I would gain by playing extra tables isn't the biggest issue for me either. I need to improve my play and the best way to do that is to really focus and try and play perfectly while playing a smaller amount of tables.

I also played the Sunday Million today, which was a ridiculously huge tournament... there were 14,000 people playing it. First place paid out $300,000. I ended up making the money by finishing 715th. I shoved K5s in the small blind when it was folded around to me and the BB woke up with AJo and called and I lost the 40/60 almost flip. Standard. I ended up winning just a bit more than my buyin for the tourney.

I need to kick it into gear, because I'm down about 2k in cash so far this month and down about 1k from donkaments. I think the best way to do this is focus on quality, not quantity.

1 comment:

  1. " I am not going to play 8 tables anymore"..how many times have i heard u say that haha.

    ReplyDelete