25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another good day

I played just over 3,000 hands today and finished up $3.2k. I didn't follow my rules that well today, as I peeked at my cashier about half a dozen times and my final session of the day lasted about 3.5 hours. I really need to be disciplined and make sure that I follow through with my plan. It's so easy just to click the cashier button or add on the $ won stat onto HEM. I need to curb my curiosity, as it will be for the better if I don't bother checking how I'm doing all the time.


It seemed like I got in some unfortunate/ unlucky spots during the session, more so than normal. Really, the only reason I had a decent overall win on the day was due to running good in a tiny amount of $5/10 NL hands and winning a massive pot at $3/6 NL.

Here are some hands:

Hand #1: Villain in this hand has been running like GOD vs me over the past few days. He like never folds to a 3-bet... and has flopped sets on me multiple times in 3-bet pots when I hit TPTK or an overpair. Thankfully, I was able to felt him a few times later on in the session to make up for this loss. I don't know how people can call off that much pre-flop to set mine. So terrible. I also lost a pot to this villain earlier when I got my QQ vs his AA AIPF.

Hand #2: Here, I decide to randomize my play by not 3-betting AK pre-flop... I was planning to play top pair fast because it would be difficult for him to fold something like KQ or KJ since I didn't 3-bet pre-flop and there are draws out. Of course, he flopped a set and I get it in nearly drawing dead. gg me.

Hand #3: I made a nice play here. This is against villain in 1st hand, the aggro fish. I had a read that he liked to bluff big if given the opportunity... he would bluff when his opponents show weakness. I SNAPcalled river.

Hand #4: I had a rough time at $3/6 today. He was a huge fish who called 3-bets 90% of the time and just didn't like to fold pre-flop in general, so I decided to just 4-bet jam all in. This hand pissed me off, but whatever, he's going to get there 30% of the time.

Hand #5: I got kind of lucky here, to cooler this reg. This hand helped my $3/6 NL results for the day big time.


I'm happy with my play and the result. I just need to make sure I don't look at my cashier and keep the sessions to 2 hours in length. One of my students gave me the link to a pretty decent article that talks about trying to avoid being results orientated. I would suggest that all of my students read it. The article can be found here.

I definitely can eliminate some spewy things that I did today and be more willing to lay down good but not great hands. I'll do my best to crush tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment