25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Friday, September 26, 2008

I feel sick about winning $1.1k...

I played 2,600 hands on Stars today and finished up $1.1k. Not a bad result normally, however, I totally CRUSHED my competition and lost tons of pots once again as a huge favorite.

I had a pretty poor start as I had three big bluffs that failed. The first two cost me my stack and the third one cost me 50 big blinds.... on each of the two bluffs that were for 100bbs the villains nearly folded and time banked down to their last few seconds before making their hero calls. I'm going to just stop bluffing these stationy regs because they can't fold anything really, no matter how crushed they are by my river shoving range.

I was able to recover from this mediocre and spewy start to start annihilating villains and getting it all in as a huge favorite on numerous occassions. I ended up running about $3k below expectation in all ins this session, which is just ridiculous. I have average luck and I'm up $4k instead of $1k... oh well, MAYBE one day things will start to even out for me. Oh, and now I'm running $10k below expectation for the month... which is not ideal.

I'm still proud of my session because it's actually pretty cool that I was up at all considering how bad I ran. It's just disgusting to know that I could have had a 10 buyin day if my doomswitch had been turned off.

Here's the HEM stats:


I'm just going to stop worrying about all in EV after today. It seems like it's becoming a standard for this to happen to me, so I'll just expect to run below expectation during my sessions. That way I'll be happy if I run at expectation or above and I won't care as much if I run below expectation. The only reason I really have been looking at it is because it reassures me that I played OK and didn't lose a lot of money just due to bad play... If I can see the reason I lost pots was because I got sucked out on it reassures me that I did my job of making correct decisions.

I'm not going to post any hands, because they are all pretty much me getting raped in all in pots when I have the best of it.

I hope this doesn't come across as complaining or whatever, but I just need somewhere to vent about this. I understand the realities of poker and have read the poker mindset so I'm not letting running below expectation effect my play at the tables.

I can't be so worried about this though, because there are lots of jobs where people aren't compensated properly for how much work they do or for the quality of work do. I suppose this is poker's version of that idea... I'm not always going to be compensated fully if I make perfect decisions at the table, at least not in the immediate future.


Duck Hunting opens this Saturday!!! I can't wait!

Here's a goose hunting pic from last season:


No comments:

Post a Comment