25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Long day...

So I haven't slept yet today/yesterday and it's almost 7 AM. Today, I played my first marathon session (more than 2 or 3 hours) in months. I played for nearly 6 hours straight. I don't think it was the greatest idea, but I think it worked out alright in the end. Basically, every one of my tables had massive, MASSIVE fish. One table in particular had a very erratic fish with whom I ended up getting 650 bb's deep with. Eventually he left the table but I made a big dent in his stack before he took off. Then I decided to end the session.

I definitely made some mistakes in the session. I didn't give people enough credit in a few hands... which cost me my stack. I felt I really should have been able to find the fold button on two of the hands I got felted on. They weren't very good calls. I did make one pre-flop mistake towards the end of the session vs. a regular and that cost me a stack as well, so I didn't play perfectly for the 6 hour session. Could have been up more had I not made those mistaken calls, but I'm really happy with how I played almost all of my big value hands. I was value betting very well.

So the marathon session went decently well. I ended up $2.1k for that session. I think the lesson I took from Nutedawg earlier in the day helped me a lot. I definitely took a lot out of the lesson, even though when I watched Nute play for the last 30 minutes of the lesson he ran like total shit after putting people on their near exact hands, which was unfortunate.

Earlier in the day, I gave a lesson to one of my students, Rob. I made an exception for him to receive a lesson during my break from coaching because he's actually getting very close to quitting his job to become a full-time poker professional. I want to make sure he's getting the information he needs to be successful. He goes to part time in November, so I'm sure he can't wait to finally have more time to play poker. I'm looking forward to seeing him start crushing once he doesn't have the stress of a full-time job to worry about or hold him back. You can follow his journey by reading his blog which is linked right here.

The lesson went really well I thought. We decided to do a live sweat format, with me playing for about 1 hour first then we switched over and he played for the last hour of the lesson. We both ended up winning a buyin at $1/2 NL. So I actually finished the day up about $2.3k in poker playing profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment