25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Decent start to October

I played quite a bit more aggressive pre-flop than normal today and it seemed to work out alright as I finished up about $1k for the day. I've been experimenting with 3-betting in different spots and I'm beginning to identify some unique spots. I've founds some cool positional set-ups to 3-bet bluff in as well as 3-betting a little bit different value range than I have in the past. I definitely like it so far. Normally my 3-bet stat is around 6-7% but today it was near 10%.


As you can see, I started out the day kind of rough, running into two unavoidable losses. This one, I just lose a big flip. This one, I get standardly two-outed on the turn when stacks were likely to go in irregardless of the card that peeled off.

The final two sessions of the day went a little better. I lost this hilarious hand halfway through my final session of the day. lol fish. I did run decently well though as I was able to stack a decent amount of opponents later in the day. Here's a nice hand where I was basically gifted a stack courtesy of a regular in the games. Really no other way for me to play this hand. I like the way it turned out obviously.

I'm going to sleep now, as I'm going to wake up a bit early tomorrow so I can go to the "Free Dance Friday" that the ballroom dance class runs. I'm a teaching assistant for the ballroom dance class at the university here so tomorrow is basically a practice day for the students before they take their test on Tuesday. They are learning the "waltz" right now. I really enjoy this class. It's a great way to meet new people and helps to relieve stress.

1 comment:

  1. very nice start indeed!

    thoughts on villain's river play on the last hand? i agree that against your hand that's a gift, but i feel like range on range he's actually doing okay there by doubling that turn (which maybe isn't insanely scary for you given what he's repping...?).

    assuming he didn't have the BFFD, i'm just wondering if it's better for him to pull the trigger and shove hearts, T's, and 5's only....or is this a shove for him as played regardless?

    i'm kind of a fan of his sizing on the turn given what's behind. was trying to think of a way he would be able to just overbet shove the turn, but it would be an obscenely large flop CR that would get him in the ballpark to do that.

    i find myself struggling in some of these spots where it's in the air as to shove river or not.

    also, wouldn't donking be decent for him here as he has some non-zero equity and the BDFD, he'd likely be trapping you on a board you wouldn't cbet very light multiway regardless and steal initiative (possibly better if flop is a bit more wet)?

    ReplyDelete