25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Most depressing win in a while...

So today was pretty much a nightmare. I guess I should say yesterday/early this morning was a nightmare. I played some of the best poker I've played in MONTHS and wasn't even close to fully rewarded for it. Days like these are tough to swallow and an obvious reminder that in the short-term luck is a huge factor in your results.

I ended up playing three separate sessions for a total of about 8 hours of play. The result? Finished up $547.25. In all actuality, I actually ran probably the worst I ever have run in one day at $2/4 NL. I don't want this whole post to appear like a whine or whatever... I'm just reporting the facts about how my day went. I understand and accept the realities of poker, realize that luck is part of the game, so I'm not like actually mad at the results of the day, but I'll admit I'm a tad bit frustrated.

I know the all in EV adjusted stat doesn't account for stuff like set over set, other types of bad luck, etc. but I had to just peek at it after this session to see how bad it really was. Apparently, if I had average luck, I would have won about $3.8k yesterday. That's 8 buyins below expectation. Ok this is turning into a whine, but whatever it's my blog and I need somwhere to vent, lol. Quit reading if you don't like it.

Here's the graph of the mayhem:


Overall, I'm proud that all this running like shit didn't effect my play one bit. I guess if there's something to be learned from all this... it's an example of how if you stay focused, play 4-5 tables like I did the whole time, and keep playing well that you can turn a day filled with disasters into a winning day.

I'm not even going to bother to post the individual HH's because you'll probalby puke all over your keyboard, but I pretty much got sucked out on/coolered in every way possible in the book over and over.

The saying that poker is a hard way to make an easy living is pretty true. I don't think a day like this would have got to me as much as in the past... it's annoying because I feel I'm right at the turning point from getting away from the losing results of the past few months to start winning again and I played my heart out today and kind of got slapped in the face.

Oh well, I'll suck it up and play even better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment