25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Won my biggest pot ever

I just got done with an 11 hour live poker session at the Wynn. I managed to finish up about $4.3k and won a massive $6k pot at $2/5 NL.

The session started out pretty rough, as I lost all of my chips ($500) about 40 minutes in. The player that stacked me in this hand was the guy I eventually felted to win the $6k pot. I'll call him "maniac." He was playing and raising a ridiculous amount of hands for a 9 handed full ring game. He was raising probably about 30% of his hands and entering the pot at least half of the time. He had a very unique style... he would just simply bet the size of the pot whenever anyone checked to him after he raised pre-flop. He didn't seem to take into account board texture, his opponent's possible hands, or anything really. He was just a prime example of pure aggression. He had been caught betting all three streets for hundreds of dollars with J2o, J high and I also caught him betting the flop and turn against me, and calling a shove on a K388 board with A6o ?!?!? I had KQ that hand to double up about midway through the session.

It was actually pretty difficult to play against him deep stacked, as he was not shy about pulling huge bluffs. The hand I mentioned where I lost $500, I called his middle position raise when I was on the button (2 other people had called). The maniac bet $100 on the Ac Js 5s flop... I had top two pair (AJ) and I re-raised to $250... he thought for a few seconds and then called. The turn was a total blank, an offsuit 2 and he put me all in. I called pretty quickly and he showed 555 for a set of 5's. This is a total cooler and unlucky hand because of how wild that player was playing.

I then doubled up with KK vs the maniac on a Q T 3 3 board as he called my turn shove with who knows what.

I had some other pots that were mildly interesting, and after a while I had about $3k on the table. The past few hours of play were 6 handed, because almost everyone had gone to sleep and left the card room.

The big pot came when the maniac raised in middle position after a few people had limped before him. I called on the button with JJ and two other players called (one of the blinds and one of the limpers.) The flop came a beautiful Js 5c 4c which gave me the nuts on the flop... he c-bet pot and I re-raised to $300 more... he thinks for a few seconds and moves all in for about $2k more... I snapcall-FISTPUMP. He shows pocket 4's for a set of fours and my hand holds to scoop the $6k pot.

Here is a picture of my stack after I won that pot... took forever to stack up the chips lol




It felt really good to finally be able to book a big win from live poker. Most of my previous sessions on this trip have either resulted in trivially small losses, small wins, and pretty much just break even results. After this win, I've profited about $5k from live poker so far over this trip which I'm pretty happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment