25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Best Cash Game Day Ever

I had an awesome day today and had my biggest career cash game win for a single day. Ended up $3,700 for the day.




I played for a loooong time (about 11 hours). The games were really juicy and lots of terrible players were playing. About half of my win is from $2/4 blinds No Limit Holdem Full Ring cash games. These are cash games where there are nine total people at the table. The rest was from my usually game, $1/2 NLHE 6 Max.

I'm pretty happy with my play... I don't think I made any huge mistakes. However, I did play a little tighter than I normally would like, especially for 6 Max. But that was due to playing too many tables because of all the fish. I played, on average, about 8 tables at a time.

Since I won today, I'll switch it up and post some of my biggest winning hands first.


Winning Hands:


- FULL RING HANDS -


Hand #1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755561

It actually looks like I got lucky on this hand because I was behind on the turn, however, I got almost all of the money in good. I was a big favorite pre-flop when I 4-bet to $199 and a pretty big favorite on the flop as well (73% to win).

Hand #2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755572

I played this hand especially well. I called before the flop to set mine and hit my hand. I didn't want to re-raise on the flop because that would have likely scared off most of his possible holdings. So instead, I waited until he had committed half of his stack on the turn to shove all in.


- 6 MAX HANDS -

Hand #3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755576

I played this hand great as well. I called the 3-bet before the flop because we were deepstacked and I had huge implied odds if he had AA or KK and I hit a set. I hit my hand and made a small raise to make it seem like I was just seeing if he had a pair or not... this would allow him to likely shove his JJ+ overpair now if he chose. It would be unlikely that he wouldn't shove a big pair here because of the flushdraw on the board. Also, it gives him the illusion of fold equity and allows him to monkey it in with random shit... like he did in this case.

Hand #4: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755584

This hand is my favorite of the session. I had a hand that I wanted to commit all of my chips with, if possible. However in this hand we are both deepstacked (150bbs deep). This means that I won't be able to get enough money in the pot to get all in if I just bet the standard 3/4 of the pot on every street. Note my bet sizing on the turn which is actual an overbet of the pot. I bet $85 into a $62 pot to allow for about a pot sized bet for a river shove. This allows me to extract maximum value and eases the money in a little better than just overbet shoving the river for whatever I have left.

There were plenty of other big winners, but most of the other winning hands were pretty standard (hands like AA vs KK pre-flop, set over set, etc.)


Losing Hands:


Hand #5: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755597

KK vs AA all in pre-flop in a 6 Max game is a cooler... but in full ring I'm not quite so sure. His 3-bet of my UTG raise is ultra-strong and paired with the fact that he is super tight makes me feel like I should at least consider an alternative line than what I actually did. (He played 12% of his hands and raised 10% of them, with a 3-bet stat of 2.4%, AF of 7). I don't think folding the 2nd best starting hand before the flop is the answer, but I think I should have just called his pre-flop re-raise and gotten it all in on any non Ace flop. This allows me to stack JJ if the board comes 4h2c6d and lets me get away from my Kings if he has AK and flops an A. I would like some comments on this hand if you would. This was my biggest losing hand of the day.

Hand #6: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2755613

This is a pretty marginal call on my part, looking back on it. This villain was very wild and he was always check raising my continuation bet... his turn shove just doesn't make any sense and looks like a hand such as AcQh. It doesn't look like he wants action... so I put him on a pair and a flushdraw which I'm beating, and I called... he happened to hit his gutshot on the turn and I made a big call into a pot where I didn't have much money invested. Villain's stats were: 42/3 AF 1.1 over 170 hands, raises c-bet 25% of the time.

I would also like to see what other poker players think about this hand. Post it in the comments at the end of this post.


That's about it for all the interesting losing hands, I don't plan on posting bad beats anymore as long as I played the hand perfectly.


Hope this was a good read, see you all at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment