25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Played a bit on AP on Monday

So I had a six hour session playing $1/2 NL and $2/4 NL 6 Max on Absolute Poker yesterday... I played pretty solid for the most part and ended up + $1,470. I did, however, make a few bad plays during the session. I think that I may have a small to medium sized leak of not being able to release good but not great hands to sure signs of strength.

The bad beat jackpot on AP is really high right now, it is over $650,000... if you lose a hand with quad 8's or better you get a lotttt of money. So I might play on there tomorrow and even if you are playing the same game type when the jackpot is released you get some money as well.

I'll post the two hands I think I made an error in and one ridiculous winning hand, which was my biggest profit in one hand of the session.

Losing Hands:

Hand #1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2768829

This hand was towards the end of the session, and I don't think I was thinking perfectly clearly here... I had an overpair which was a decent hand, however, Luckylanz bet into three other opponents, which is a sure sign of strength. Also, Huggybear69 called the large bet without knowing what was going to happen behind him... which means he could also have a really big hand. I think the answer here was maybe just calling the flop bet and folding to further aggression if I didn't improve. Once he shoves all in on the turn it is pretty clear he has two pair or a set but I decided to call anyways because he had really fishy stats (70/18 AF 1.8 over 50 hands... donk bet flop 43%). I think that sometimes I don't give players with fishy stats credit even when they make a really strong play, and I think that is definitely a leak that I have to iron out.

Hand #2: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2768833

This is a similar type of situation in where it might be a good idea to at least consider laying down my overpair. Often times, when opponents bet into the pre-flop raiser like Marino did, they will have top pair, weak kicker or some type of draw. Once he calls my flop raise, he could still have a one pair type hand or a draw... but he would never just open shove the turn with a draw, I don't think. This turn shove probably means 9x most of the time from an idiot because they are just pressing buttons and get trips and get excited and stick all the money in. I didn't make a terrible mistake here, as he could have had something like TT or JJ possibly, but I think there are better spots to get the money in. I had a problem folding this, once again, because the villain's stats were pretty fishy (73/25 AF 3.0 over 200 hands). I'd like a few comments on this and to see what you think the best play is here.

Winning Hand:

Hand #3: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2768837

I don't really know what to say about this one, other than the fact that I just won a $800 pot with Ace high lol. I'm not sure what the other two players were doing in this hand, but my play is pretty standard I think. I had two overcards and the nut flush draw, which normally has plenty of equity against any type of hand my opponents would have. It kind of sucks that the board is paired, but it's unlikely that they have trips or a full house. Ship the cookies!


I'm thinking about possibly making a trip to Vegas soon (for the WSOP festivities and whatnot), as some of my poker friends are heading down there within the next week. If I go down there, I won't play any donkaments... I'll probably stick to $2/5 NL Cash games. I'm going to check out some flights tomorrow and figure out whether or not I'm going down there for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment