25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lesson with Nute = I start crushing again

It never fails. Normally, right after I take a lesson from Nutedawg I get back to playing great and absolutely crushing the game. I had a lesson with Tim on Tuesday and pretty much every session since then I've played extremely well. We talked a bit about the mental game and certain frames of mind that are really bad to be in when you're playing poker. I definitely had a few mental game leaks for sure.

I also realized that I was being far too stat-reliant when playing. A few weeks ago I tried playing with only a 3-stat HUD but I quickly switched back to my normal HUD. That was a mistake. I'm now using a HUD with VPIP/PFR/3-bet/# Hands. This is helping prevent me from using stats too frequently. Now, I seem to be only looking at the other stats in the pop-up when I need something to help me break a tie. That is the way it should be. I need to be putting players on a range every single street of every single hand, pay attention to betting patterns/sizing, board textures, timing tells, and all other sorts of important things before I start to use random postflop stats to help me make a decision during a hand.

Today, I totally crushed and played about 6.5 hours total. I felt like seeing how I did so I checked and here's the graph of the day. I went on a nice little heater at the beginning of the day and then just grinded away from there.


Also, just as a comparison... the graph of the month so far... you can see exactly where my lesson with Nute was, lol. I'm not even exaggerating. I figured out exactly when I played my first hand after the lesson with Nute and it was Hand # 5439. So everything before that hand, is before my lesson with Tim and the hands after #5439 were played post-lesson.



It's so crazy how easy it is to stray away from perfect play after a few weeks of just grinding it out. I think a lot of it is due to a subconcious shift to auto-pilot type play + occassionally having too many tables up. Of course, this is a small sample so the swongs could easily be just do to variance but I don't think it's too much of a coincidence that my graph skyrockets after I got some guidance.

In other news, my Intramural inline hockey team played in two playoff games this past Monday. We played the semi-final game and won 8-7. Then, in the Championship, we fell behind 2-7 early on on the game... but battled back to make it a nail-biter. However, we ended up short by one goal and lost 10-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment