25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The downward spiral continues...

This picture sums up how my sessions went today...


It's so weird how in poker one day you can feel like you're on the top of the world, on your way to high stakes, etc. and then a few days later you feel like you can't even put in a winning session. At the end of last month, my confidence was at an all time high. Now, after a few bad sessions and about a $7k loss over a few days, I feel like I'm clueless.

I figured yesterday wasn't that big of a deal. I took a shot at $5/10 NL, played a lot of hands there that day, and it didn't work out. Oh well, it happens. So I figured I'd just rebuild and play some $2/4 NL to get on a winning track. Well, I wasn't able to book a win there either and proceeded to lose $1.8k today.

I need to figure out a way to stop looking at my cashier. I put it in my December plan, but I've been terrible at following that rule. I check it all the time still. It doesn't do much good.

Anyways, I think the past few days have been a combination of me playing my B or C game paired with me getting sucked out on/coolered a decent amount on top of just simply not getting paid when I have a set or other similar monster. Here were a few examples of some hands from today...

Here, I set up this reg by 3-betting him left and right for the previous half hour. Finally he snapped and 4-bet shoved a suited Ace but he gets there against my AK.

Even though we're 5 handed I think it's a bit thin for him to be shipping 99 on me here, I mean honestly, does he actually thing I'm going to felt a small pair in this spot pre-flop? We hadn't had really aggro dynamic going either. I just don't get it.

I did a 5-bet bluffshove myself that failed because I ran into AA. My timing is always way off whenever I pull one of these. It isn't too common for me to do, but I felt that the situation was just perfect for it. I had been 3-betting him a decent amount so I felt he was getting ready to go ahead and 4-bet me. Well, I was right he certainly did but he had my suited Ace drawing dead.

Weeeee, cooler vs medium stack.

I think I'm going to just switch sites for a day or something, just to get a change. There's a rake race that I'm trying to do well in but at this point making money is just more important. It's probably mostly psychological but I don't feel like I have a prayer right now when I log onto the site I've currently been playing a lot. Also, I've decided that I'm going to play strictly $2/4 NL until the end of the year. I don't want to finish the year on a losing note and I want to ensure that I'm profitable this month to add to my yearly total profits.

I've dug myself a $2.2k hole to get out of, but last month I was able to have numerous daily sessions at $2/4 NL that suprpassed that sum. So hopefully I can string a few of those type of good days in a row to get rolling for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment