25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2010 ND State Sporting Clays Champion!

I ended up shooting well enough in the main event this past weekend to win the North Dakota State Sporting Clays Championship!  I shot a 177/200 and the next closest competitor shot a 165/200 so I won by a decent margin.  Honestly I felt that I could have shot a lot better than I did, but it really didn't matter since I ended up winning my second state championship in a row.  I have won the main sporting event now a total of four times.

We shot the main event with my good friend Kevin Weber and his Dad, Greg.  We also shot the other two events (sub-gauge and 5-stand) with them.  They are in some of the pictures below, along with my Dad and brother.

The main event was shot on Sunday and we also shot two events on Saturday.  We began Saturday with shooting the sub-gauge event.  I ended up winning that event as well with a 89/100.  Then we shot the 5-stand event on Saturday afternoon and I shot pretty terribly in that, hitting 79/100 and got 4th place overall.  I had won the State 5-stand event 5 out of the past 5 times I had entered it, so basically every year since 2004 except for 2008 when they scheduled the state 5-stand shoot during the U.S. Open.  Since I shot the U.S. Open I ended up missing it that year.

My Dad and my brother didn't end up doing as well as they could.  My Dad shot decent in the sub-gauge event and ended up getting second place.  However, for the main event there is a 3-man team trophy and my Dad, Chad, and I formed a team to win that by only 3 targets!  So it was a close battle for that trophy.

Overall, it was a fun weekend.  The targets we kind of weird and there were tons of true pairs so that was kind of different.  We also ended up getting hit by shot from another station one time but I had my shooting glasses on so I wasn't hurt.  My Dad ended up getting hit in the shoulder but it didn't come in too fast to hurt him either.  The attendance was way down this year, probably  because when it was in Bismarck in 2006 the shoot was a huge fiasco so a lot of people who would have normally attended the State shoot didn't end up going to it because it was in Bismarck.

I flew back to Chicago on Tuesday and I'm going to be staying here for a while and getting in tons of poker.  I've played a decent amount today and am up about 3 buy-ins but I'm not running that well at all so hopefully that changes for the better.

In other news, I'm totally pumped that the Blackhawks were able to sign Marty Turco.  This is a huge signing for them, in my opinion, because Turco is actually way better than Niemi anyways so I am betting that Turco is one of the best goalies in the league this upcoming season due to such a solid team and defense in front of him.  Hopefully the Hawks are able to defend the Cup!!!

Here are some pictures from the state shoot:


























No comments:

Post a Comment