25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good day at the tables

I had really good results today even though I only played about 4 hours.  I think my previous sessions, I was just trying to be too fancy and make too many hero calls... I've found that I really need to do better in regards to trusting my instincts because my instincts are normally right on the money.

There was a hand today where I flopped TPTK AQ on QTc7c with the nut flush draw after a 3-bet a 16/13 nit when I was in position... I c-bet the flop and got check-raised smallish... to like 2.5xs.  Obviously I'm never considering folding the flop here but after he bets really large on a blank turn I feel like he's never bluffing here and only value betting hands better than mine....

He isn't going to have hardly any QX hands that I beat in his range I feel because he's so tight.  Even if he did, there's no way he c/r flop and leads huge on the turn with a hand like QJ.  It's possible he has a draw but I don't think he's ever calling OOP with hands like KJ suited in that situation.  I turned to my brother who was in the room, told him that this player has a set of T's nearly every time in this situation... so I just shoved over the player's turn bet with my TPTK and nut flush draw and got shown three tens!  Surprise!  As retarded as it might feel to fold my hand on the turn there, I really should have.  I would have probably folded a bare flush draw on the turn and I felt like my top pair wasn't strong enough to justify going with my hand vs this particular opponent and the actions he'd taken thus far in the hand.

I've noticed that most RUSH poker players who play this snug style almost never ever ever show up with pure air in this type of situation.  They just aren't calling 3-bets OOP with weak hands that are air on flops... and they seem to play very straightforwardly.  It's really a mistake to pay these players off, as they are just quick folding until they get a top 10% hand to play.

I had to run a bunch of errands today, as tomorrow my Dad, brother, and I head out to Minnesota to start our clay shooting trip.  We'll be there Wednesday and Thursday and then we drive to Bismark, ND on Friday to shoot in the State Sporting Clays Championship.  Hopefully, I can defend my state title successfully.  It's not going to be easy, as the only shooting I've done this year so far is the few days practice over the last 4 days since I've been home and shooting in the U.S. Open.  So hopefully the few days we spend in Minnesota act as a great tune up for the State shoot.

I'll only have one more day in Grand Forks when I get back from Bismarck then I fly back to Chicago to begin ultimate grind mode.  I can't wait to minimize my distractions, set a schedule for myself, and force myself to follow it.  I want to optimize every hour in every day if possible, and not sleep for 10 hours per day and just burn time.  Hell, if I could operate on 6 or 7 hours of sleep or less like I did in college just to study for stupid, irrelevant tests then certainly I can push myself a bit more when my work actually produces the green stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment