25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

First session of October

I played about 1,300 hands on UB today and ended up winning $1k. I continued my trend from September of running like dog shit in all-ins, finishing the session 2 buyins below expectation. Also had one cooler hand that isn't included in the EV calculation, as I got raped in a 3-bet pot when I had AA...(3-bet was 25bb large... so I just called it) and someone flopped a boat on me when I had a pot-sized bet left. I did make one semi-mistake this session as I decided to pull a big bluff in a 3-bet pot on the river and got snapped off by TP medium kicker when the flush hit on the river...

Here's the HEM stats. My W$WSF stat is getting better every session... that's pretty good to have it over 50% in my opinion.




Here's a few hands:


Here's a fun hand. I ship it in with the nut flush and 2 overs and he binks a gutterball on the turn.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3267669


Here's the AA hand I was mentioning earlier... I like my play... shoving pre-flop is probably a poor idea because I don't really need to isolate the shortstack because he 3-bet so huge, I don't think anyone is getting proper odds to set mine me for 1/4 of a buyin...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3267675


This hand sucked... pissed me off even more that he waited until the turn to ship it in because I was a bigger favorite then.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3267681


I did actually win a few hands... here's one of them

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3267684


I ended up getting a new student today. He's a regular on $2/4 NL 6 Max on Stars and a very solid player. I'm looking forward to working with him, as he's already one of the biggest winners in my HEM database. I think I can show him a lot of non-standard stuff that will really get him to the next level.

I don't think I'll be taking any new students anytime soon... I have plenty of students right now and don't want to spread myself too thin. Plus, I want to have some time to play teh pokers as well.

I have been considering trying out a stop-win this month. Maybe something like win $1k per day. I have never done any stop-losses or stop-wins before... however, I noticed that quite frequently on my daily graphs I've seen my profit line go like straight up from 0 to about 800 hands... then it often tapers down and finishes below the point I was at when I had played about 700-900 hands.

I'm not sure if this is fatigue or what, but trying to make $X per day is something that I've always wanted to just try for the fun of it. I know it isn't correct as far as I could be making more, it doesn't really matter when I end my session because my whole career is one long session, etc. etc. But if I can make more money doing this by playing less hands as well it might be worth it. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried something like this before...

No comments:

Post a Comment