25% off poker lessons!

I have decided to re-open my coaching services.

Now is the perfect time to improve your game at a huge discount, as I'm offering poker lessons for 25% off!!! Improve your game significantly so when online poker sorts itself out you can annihilate your opponents!

I have decided that I will offer my services at 25% off of what my hourly coaching rate was when I last coached in 2010, which was $250 per hour. It will now be $187.50 per hour. I think this is a great value and you have the added bonus of knowing that I'm a considerably improved poker player since the last time I was coaching students.

My coaching lessons are two hours in length and I feel like a minimum of 5 lessons (10 hours) is ideal for being able to fully convey my knowledge to you and have a significant impact on improving your game. If you choose to purchase a 5 lesson package, I will give you even a further discount of 20% off of the already reduced hourly fee of $187.50 on the entire lesson package. That's only $150 per hour for quality poker lessons! That's a total of 40% off my normal coaching rate!!!

My specialties are NLHE 6 Max cash games and mass tabling. I can help boost your # of tables played by at least a table or two by helping you understand how to use a few secret things that I've discovered in my VPP quest this year... I have slightly over 930k VPPs so far in 2011.

If you would like to contact me about getting lessons feel free to private message me on Cardrunners.com or email me at "Duckslayer2k@gmail.com" and I'd be glad to respond.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Recent thoughts

So it seems like I've been slacking a bit on updating the blog... I'll try and post more updates.

Anyways, the pokering has been mediocre as of late. I'm having issues with getting distracted when I play. Last year, when I was playing poker I laughed at the thought of getting burned out from playing poker... but I think I'm starting to see some signals that I might be getting a tad bit bored while playing. I'm browsing the internet way too much when I'm playing, reading forums, talking on Skype or google chat, texting on my cell phone, etc. I feel that all that stuff is adversely affecting my game. I never used to do any of that stuff while playing, so I think it might be a small sign of me not being quite as focused as I previously was early on in my career. It could be a little bit of complacency seeping into my play. When I do all that extra stuff I just default into some sort of weird "nit mode"... which isn't good at all.

I'm going to do a few things to change that. No chatting of any sort while I'm playing. If I'm online on Skype I'll have an away message posted that says I'm playing poker at the time. Same thing with google chat. Also, not going to use the internet while playing anymore. If I get a phone call on my cell phone, I'm going to ignore it and return the call when my 2 hour session is finshed.

Another thing I want to start doing again is avoid looking at my results. One of my good poker friends, Noek aka "Peten2toms", is a big advocate of this idea. It's tough for me to do, but I think the more I avoid peeking to see how I'm doing during the day and during the week the better off I'll be. I'll just check at the end of this month.

3 comments:

  1. Teddy "Iceman" MonroeApril 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM

    Just asking but aren't you always in "nit mode"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy "Iceman" MonroeApril 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM

    Ok just wanted to confirm that...thanks

    ReplyDelete